How to change your Snapchat username not display name. before we get into the steps of changing your username, let’s take a look at how our usernames contribute to our Snapchat identity and how it differs from other identities.
Snapchat Username vs Snapchat Display name
On Snapchat, your display name is how other people see you. The display differs from what is known as usernames.
Since the previous version of Snapchat, users have been able to change their Display whenever they like.
What is your Snapchat username and how do you find it?
If you don’t know what your Snapchat username is, it helps users to be uniquely identified on the Snapchat platform, which is why a username can only be associated with one person. To see your username, go to the top of the screen and tap on your profile icon; your username will appear next to your Snapchat score.
How to Change Your Snapchat Username
This has been the dream of millions who have been waiting years and years for the opportunity to change their Snapchat username, and the time has finally arrived. Follow the steps below to change your Snapchat username and finally get rid of your year eight alter ego:
- Install a VPN and change the country setting to Australia.
- Update the application on your mobile device’s official app store.
- Once it’s been updated,
Go to your profile in the Snapchat app on your phone.
- In the top right corner, tap the cog icon.
- To enter your username, tap on it and then on the edit field.
- Press OK after you’ve typed in your desired username.
How to change your Snapchat username not display name
If the preceding procedures fail to work on your iOS device, you can change the nation associated with your Apple ID, which will allow you to change your user. Here’s how:
- Select your Apple App Store profile from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the apple ID that was assigned to you.
- Select Australia from the nation and region drop-down menu.
- Fill in the blanks in the categories and click OK.
Another option for getting a new Snapchat username is to delete your existing account and then create a new one with the desired username, but this is not recommended because it is destructive and will result in the loss of all data stored in the account.