Twitch Registration is easy. When you are Signed into Twitch with a newly created account, you have a blank slate where you begin assembling a persona for yourself. The Profile is where you introduce yourself to the public, many times through a brief bio, maybe a few visual touches like a photo or a banner image.
Think of the Profile as the interior decoration of your house. When people walk into your home, they will learn quickly what kind of personality you are. That’s what we are going to build for you right now.
- Go to your Twitch account and select from the top-right side of your browser window your Account Status’ drop menu. Select Settings (located near the bottom of the drop menu) to enter your Twitch account’s Profile.
Your Account Status is always visible on the Twitch website. It tells you what is happening on your Channel and shares your activities with friends. You can also go “Invisible” or enable a “Dark Mode” scheme for the Twitch website.
- Find a good Profile Picture best representative of you. It can be anything (within reason), but it should be a simple image easily identified at a small size.
Twitch recognizes images in JPEG, PNG, and GIF formats. The dimensions of the image should not exceed 256×256 pixels or be larger than 10MB in file size.
As with other social media platforms, the best profile pictures are simple, basic images. You want backgrounds that aren’t too busy and photos that are taken in close up. So long as you can tell what the image is at a glance, you have a good Profile Picture.
- Upload for your Profile Banner an image that sets a tone or an atmosphere for your account and Twitch Channel page.
Twitch recognizes images in JPEG, PNG, and GIF formats. The dimensions of the image should not exceed 1230×380 pixels or be larger than 10MB in file size.
- Scroll down to Profile Settings and either review or enter in your desired email.
Again, this email is where all notifications and any news from Twitch are sent.
- If needed, click on the pencil icon in the Username field to edit your Twitch handle.
This email is where all notifications and any news from Twitch are sent.
- In the Display Name field, edit your Username to appear the way you want it to appear.
For example, my username is “theteemonster” but “TheTeeMonster” is how I want it displayed.
- Scroll down to Bio and write up a brief biography of who you are.
- Single-click the Save Changes button to accept your changes.
The Profile section of your Settings is now complete, and when people visit your Channel, either online or through the Twitch app, they will see a completed profile as opposed to the default settings.