workday login – uw workday. The University’s HR and payroll system is Workday. The WD system initiates or completes certain basic HR and payroll processes for new hires. Your division’s personnel can answer any first questions about HR or payroll issues. You may be prompted to contact the Integrated Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) with particular Workday questions.
Day-to-day responsibilities for new employees include:
- Create a UW NetID I9 employment form (documents must be made available to the staff member who is performing the process).
- W4 (tax withholding)
- Deposits made directly into your bank account
- Changes in address and title (personal and UW Directory contact info)
Workday will benefit everyone in the University of Washington System. All professors and staff will have easier access to salary statements, absences, benefits tracking, and changing positions between departments or campuses.
Finance, Human Resources, and Research Administration personnel will be able to fulfill their tasks more quickly.
Here are several examples:
- You’ll be able to finish your assignment with very little paper. There will be no more piles, filing, or attempting to locate actual documentation.
- Because Workday is cloud-based, you’ll be able to access data from any computer with an internet connection and on a range of devices.
- With an integrated ERP, you’ll be able to finish your work in fewer stages.
There will be no more duplicating data across numerous systems.
- When you accept a similar role in a different unit, you won’t have to master an entirely new set of systems.
Similar methods will be implemented across units and campuses, and they will evolve with us over time.
- Leadership at the campus, school, division and unit levels will receive more timely data for reporting and decision-making, as well as deeper insights to influence future planning.
- As we support the UW System’s purpose of teaching, research, and outreach, Workday will help us all to do our jobs more efficiently.
Why use Workday
uw Workday was chosen for its excellence in three areas based on comments from hundreds of end users:
Finance, Human Resources, and Research Administration are all covered by Workday’s extensive functional capabilities. Improved security, more accurate reporting, and close alignment with the benefits ATP wants to give through this transformation are among the other benefits.
Workday’s technology successfully supports the operations of numerous significant college systems and research universities around the country, with strong participation at higher education institutions across the country.
Workday incorporates lessons learned from peer institutions into its features, ensuring that everyone benefits.
uw Workday has benefits in terms of data backup, testing, and overall user experience.